5.14.2011

Mobay - Jamaican - $$

Website (Harlem)

This cute little place is so great. I met my girlfriend and my gorgeous godson (almost 1 year old!!) for lunch on a Saturday here. It was pretty crowded, and there was only 1 waiter on the floor, so service was slow... but we were not in any kind of rush.

Everything was pretty good and I would definitely recommend this place. It must be listed in NYC Guidebooks because there were a few tourists there, mixed in with the locals. I loved the atmosphere. I'll definitely come back.

- Cornbread
(They start you off with complimentary cornbread muffins that have just come out of the oven. They're warm and sweet and crispy and are topped with this pineapple buttercream, it is sooooo good!)

- BBQ Wings
(They had run out of the jerk chicken wings by the time we got there, and the BBQ wings were not that great. They tasted like a bottle of Kraft BBQ sauce, so not special.)
- Chicken Roti
(This was huge!!! And my friend loved every bite. I'll probably try this one next time.)

- Oxtail Stew
(The oxtail was perfectly cooked, but honestly, the sauce was a little too salty for my taste, and made it hard for me to enjoy. I did get the potato salad as one of my sides, and it was the best potato salad I've ever had. I'd go back just for a plate of that! I also got the sweet plantains and they were so delicious, even the baby kept asking for more!)



All together, without drinks, this cost us about $25pp.

No comments:

Post a Comment