3.14.2011

Taverna Kyclades - Greek - $$$

http://www.tavernakyclades.com/ (Astoria)

What comes to mind when I heard the word "Astoria" is Greek. Home to the largest Greek population outside of Greece, Astoria is a playground for Mediterranean pleasure. With tons of outdoor cafes and restaurants, you can never really tire of all the great places and foods. One of the best and most popular Greek restaurants is Taverna Kyclades. Its specialty is seafood but everything here is so good. When I have friends visiting from out of town, or when it's a gorgeous day and I feel like eating outdoors, I choose this place for its ample portions, colorful mezze, fresh seafood entrees, and the best part-- the complimentary dessert at the end. This place is definitely better with a group-- the portions are too large for a couple, you'll end up taking home more than half of what you order. But sharing will also allow you to order and try more. I haven't had anything here that didn't make my eyes bulge and my mouth super happy.

- Greek Salad
- Taramosalata
- Grilled Octopus
- Kyclades Special
- Sardines
- Scallops
- Whatever their special of the day is




Expect to pay around $40pp

No comments:

Post a Comment