3.31.2011

Bakeway - Cafe/Bakery - $

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bakeway-nyc-astoria

(Broadway and Crescent, Astoria)

I cannot love or rave about Bakeway enough. Bakeway was one of the first cafes I discovered in Astoria, and I have never needed to go elsewhere. It's the kind of place that makes me wish that I had opened it instead. It literally has everything you need in a neighborhood cafe. The decor is really cool, clean and modern with an organic feel. I really like how the bakery, located in the back, is completely open and visible to patrons. Almost everything they sell is organic, from chocolate to tea to salads/sandwiches and juices. And almost every baked good they sell is made there, from scratch. They have displays of huge cupcakes, Greek pastries, croissants, you name it. And there's also a display of ready-made cakes and cookies. The coffee is good, although sometimes I think it's a bit too strong.

-Almond brioche
(It's sticky, buttery and overflowing with goodness. It is out of control.)

This is my go-to spot and I try to me a frequent and regular customer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment