3.10.2011

Red Rooster - Soul Food - $$

http://redroosterharlem.com/

So Marcus Samuelsson is one of my favorite chefs to follow these days, and he's the co-owner of Red Rooster. Even my mom thinks he's a cutie. It's a great new restaurant in Harlem at a decent price point. They have a pretty big bar where I had a cocktail while waiting for my friends. There's a social vibe, and I easily struck up conversation with the solo brunchers at the bar. My Godson (8 months, came with my friend) is such a cutiepie that Marcus' co-owner came and took our picture. I chatted with him a bit about the restaurant. I was even more excited to eat after having the one on one with the owner.

When we were seated, we ordered away:

- Breakfast Basket to start
- Red Rooster Burger

(I still have no idea why I was compelled to order this. A burger!? There was nothing special about it! It was a good burger, but that's not Southern Food!!)
- Poached Egg, Shrimp & Red Grits
(This is what I SHOULD have ordered. My friend did, and it was delicious.)
- Whiskey Fudge
- Sweet Potato Donuts

(Everyone must try these.)

All in all, I don't think I'd go back for brunch, but I am very much looking forward to going there one night after work. I hear that lots of handsome men in suits go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment