3.10.2011

Pipa - Spanish Tapas - $$$

http://pipa-nyc.com/

Pipa is the big sister to ABC Kitchen. An oldie but a goodie. In my opinion, best Spanish tapas in the city, especially for its value. (I think it beats Casa Mono big time). I've been to Pipa so many times and it never disappoints. In fact, whenever I go on a date with a guy I'm less than thrilled about, I always choose Pipa because I know that at the very least, I'll get a great meal out of the date. hehe. I also love the decor. It has this rustic, woodsy feel and the ceilings hang probably a hundred different kinds of chandeliers, all for sale by ABC home & carpet store. On Sundays and weeknights, they have someone playing Spanish guitar while a Flamenca dancer takes the floor. It's truly a great night out. It's loud, so not ideal if you plan to have a deep conversation over dinner.



These are dishes that I get everytime. All so delicious.

- Cheese Plate
(all Spanish cheeses are good. try the mahon, manchego, garroxta)

- Grilled Asparagus
- Calamari

(which happen to be the BEST calamari I've ever had, hands down. they're fried crispy and then coated in this delicious spicy/tangy sauce... it is divinity)
- Scallops
- Cangrejo flat bread
- Catalan spinach


I've actually never had the paellas because I never have room. Anyone had them? Any good??

meal came out to about $35pp

No comments:

Post a Comment