3.10.2011

Blue Ribbon - American - $$$$

http://www.blueribbonrestaurants.com/rests_brass_man_main.htm

Another great food experience. I met my friend there for a fabulous dinner after work, we barely had a wait.

- West Coast Oysters
(In my opinion, West Coast trumps East Coast Oysters. A lot sweeter and meatier than the brinier counterparts.)
- Beef Marrow & Oxtail Marmalade
(Honestly, if I knew it would be so delicious, I would have ordered it for my appetizer AND my entree. You get 3 chunks of beef bone marrow to serve atop toasting Challah Bread and spread with the incredibly delicious oxtail marmalade. Culinary genius)


- Skate
(My friend ordered this and it was so crispy and perfectly cooked.)
- Pigeon
(I ordered the pigeon and it was also perfectly cooked but I wasn't in love with this dish... it was served warm over barley and with a side of sweet potato mash that just didn't compliment the meat at all, wouldn't order this one again)
- Creme Brulee
(For dessert we split the creme brulee, which was also just ehh. Not the best one I ever had)

without wine, the meal was about $60pp. pricey, but worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment