7.06.2011

Minetta Tavern - Burger - $$$

Website

OK. I've already posted Minetta Tavern, but the first time I went there, I had the steak- which is not what you're supposed to go there for. The Minetta Tavern Black Label burger is the talk of the town. It's considered the best burger in the city by many, who also justify the $26 price for what I like to consider as the single-childless-yuppie-with-money-to-spend's burger.

A friend of mine who is documenting his way through the best burgers of the city invited me along. We were on a mission. Even on a Wednesday night, the place was packed and loud as usual, making it really difficult to chat, but then again, the burger was so incredible, when it did finally arrive
there were no words spoken at our table, only "Mmmms"
It was amazing. The burger is pretty small, but I've read all sorts of articles about how the actual meat mixture used to make this burger is secret and exclusive to Minetta Tavern. It's essentially like the best steak ground up and cooked to perfection, then topped with carmelized onions. DO NOT think to put anything on this burger. It doesn't need anything at all.



We went with a certain technique to extend the life of this life-changing burger, which was by: cutting it in half, eating the first half in tiny bites, then eating the delicious fries that came with it, followed by the other half of the burger. At the end of the meal, I noticed that the knife bore the evidence of how perfect and fatty the burger is.




For me personally, the best part of the night was having Riad Nasr come out of the kitchen and speak to the guests at the table next to us. For all the times I have been to the McNally restaurants and dreamt of the opportunity to meet Riad Nasr- one of my favorite chefs and chef-owner pairings.... it was like too good to be true. And there he was, not even one foot away from me, with his name embroided on his chef's jacket. I dont know which experience was better-- the burger or the chef.

We finished the meal off with the Grand Marnier souffle, which well, was also amazing.



I so love Minetta Tavern.

Burgers and dessert about $45pp.

No comments:

Post a Comment