7.05.2011

the walrus and the carpenter - $$$ (Seattle, WA)

Website (Seattle)

It's ironic that while I was out in Seattle, this restaurant was posted on the front page of the NY Times Travel section, which is one of my go-to guides whenever I travel.

Known for its oysters, I was eager to try. The west coast has better oysters than the east coast, in my humble opinion, so this was the perfect place to try.

We started with an assortment of oysters. Delicious. Then we had these fried English peas- really delicious, smokey flavor like I've never enjoyed peas before.







The creme de la creme was the medjool dates dessert that we chose. Medjool dates are known for being fat, juicy, buttery and delicious. These are served warm on a plate covered in vanilla olive oil and sea salt. I still dream about how delicious this dish was. I never had that combination of flavors and textures before. It was just incredible. If I ever open a restaurant, or the next time I throw a fancy dinner party, I'm stealing this recipe.



Major compliments to the chef.

We spent about $35pp.

No comments:

Post a Comment