3.18.2011

Haru - Japanese - $$$

Website

Haru is a chain restaurant with several locations all over the city. It's a large, dramatically decorated restaurant serving mostly sushi and some select Japanese dishes. I met my friend at the gramercy location after work one night. We were actually headed to Japonais but were soon disappointed to learn that it had shut down.

Haru was just ok. I feel like sushi is sushi; a spicy tuna roll is a spicy tuna roll. And I'm not into fancy rolls with mango this or crunchy that. So that said, I have a hard time wanting to pay a lot for sushi, when I can always go to the East Village spots that first ever introduced me to sushi during my freshman year of college.

We did order a great appetizer and I tried scallop sashimi for the first time, which was delicious. Dunno that I'd ever go back though.

- Mad Crab
(A really delicious appetizer of crab and mushroom with a chili sauce. If I did ever go back, I'd definitely get this again.)

- Assorted sushis
(Nothing to write home (or blog) about)



Expect to pay an overpriced amount of $35pp.

No comments:

Post a Comment