3.13.2011

Poco - Spanish - $$

http://www.poconyc.com/

Poco boasts that they are "One of the top 10 best brunches in NYC." I guess I could see that. For the entire 4 hour birthday brunch I was there for, the restaurant was packed. They have a good deal- 3 cocktails and your meal for $26. And everything on their menu sounds incredible. But sadly, my excitement was not satisfied, and my imagination, not fulfilled. I ordered the lobster benedict- very blah. I hardly tasted the lobster- it definitely wasn't fresh. I was more excited about trying the lobster mac n' cheese, which we ordered to share. I'm still wondering where the lobster in the lobster mac n' cheese was. Otherwise, it was delicious mac 'n cheese, made with manchego and asiago, and then topped with crunchy bread crumbs, very tasty. The bloody mary was one of the better ones I've had lately.



But all in all, I wouldn't recommend trying anything fancy here. Just go for a cheap brunch and don't expect an amazing meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment