6.05.2011

Nyonya - Malaysian - $$

Website

Nyonya has been a long-time favorite place to bring friends when visiting from out of town. This place has amazing food, tons of character, and great prices. It's ironically located in the middle of Little Italy, right next to Ferrara's. It's always funny to tell people that you're going to Little Italy for Malaysian food, but hey.

When I recently went back, I stood on Grand St., whining like a spoiled teenager that my favorite restaurant got shut down..."how could they do this to me? it was one of my favorite places, I should have gotten a warning!...waaaa" is sort-of how it went... but then, i swear it was like harps were playing in the background when I turned to see that the restaurant had only opened a new, better location across the street. Phew!

This place is always worth trying, and is a nice change from the typical asian (thai, chinese, japanese) selection.

- Roti
(this thin, flaky bread that you dip in a curry sauce. you pretty much have to get this as your appetizer)


- Chicken Satay
(delicious juicy chicken on skewers, served with a peanut dipping sauce, sooo good)


- Spicy Crispy Squid
(exactly how it's described. I don't know that I'd order this again, but it was definitely worth trying)


- Pineapple Fried Rice
(just the right amount of sweet and spicy, always good)


- Can't remember what this was, but it was good!


I think in the end, between 3 of us, we paid about $20 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment