4.18.2011

Union Square Cafe - American - $$$$

Website

Union Square Cafe is one of those quintessential NYC restaurants; an oldie but a goodie. It also always participates in Restaurant Week, which is a nice chance to check out a pricey restaurant. I couldn't wait to try it and have this restaurant to live up to its reputation. I really wanted it to WOW! me... but it was ok. Don't get me wrong, the food is really great and it's a really beautiful, classy restaurant, but I don't think that I'd ever choose to go back. The ambience is more of a business-y, classy, somewhat uptight, atmosphere. I think it is more appealing to a mature crowd than a 20-something gal about town. I did in fact, go for a business dinner, so it was appropriate for the setting.

- Pacific Oysters
- Grilled Lamb Chops Scotta Dita
(perfect)

Without wine it cost about $55pp.

No comments:

Post a Comment