4.03.2011

Cafe El Portal - Mexican - $$

Website

Cafe El Portal was a friend's recommendation to my request for real Mexican food. It's a cozy little place on Elizabeth St. that consistently has a short wait for a table. They do deliver on seamlessweb.com, which is a great alternative to waiting. We sat at the bar and had some chips with guacamole and pico de gallo. With that, they served us their house-special rojo and verde sauces that you can even buy bottled-- they're so good, I thought about it. I had a guava margarita which was good, but I wish I had ordered the rose petal margarita which was the popular choice.



- Fish tacos with chipotle sauce
(A-mazing)



- Shrimp tacos
(A-mazing)

Put it this way: everything was so good that among the three of us eating, not a single word was spoken until someone finally blurted out, "OMG this is so good."

With drinks, we spent about $30pp.

No comments:

Post a Comment