8.27.2011

J.G. Melon - Burgers - $

Website

J.G. Melon is one of those old-school, hasn't changed since it opened, authentic burger joints. After a few good burger-ventures, a coworker recommended this as being one of Bobby Flay's "Best Burgers I Ever Ate."

This place feels so out of place up on the Upper East Side. It's a dark pub-like restaurant packed with people and tables. The menu is simple but the burgers aren't too cheap.

I went ahead and ordered the cheeseburger and split some fries. Burger was good, but certainly not my favorite. But for the sake of its reputation, I had to include this in my blog. If you're looking for that "normal" no-frills kind of American burger, this could definitely be it. I particularly prefer a juicier, fattier meat that melts in your mouth with every bite.





Burger and fries $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment