8.27.2011

Othello's Deli - (Astoria) - $

Website

Everyone needs a good, local deli. I found this one on yelp and decided that I'd stop over on one of my weekend bike rides. When I got there, I found it crowded with customers placing orders inside as well as seated outside. Good sign.

It's your typical deli with grocery items, fresh fruit, hot prepared foods and deli meats. I went ahead and ordered what's now become my all-time favorite sandwich: smoked turkey, lettuce, tomato, onion and kefalotiri cheese on a hero. The kefalotiri cheese is obviously a Greek cheese, and when in Astoria... it perfectly compliments the smoked turkey and is just A----mazing.





The fact that it's always packed and everything is fresh is a good sign. Othello's has since become my go-to deli. This makes a great pit stop before biking over the tri-boro for a randall's island picnic.

Sandwich and bottled water, $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment